25.9.09

The Question Today&a link of a dance performance


Words-Chords-Hordes
Or The Question today


SHE AND HE ARE IN THE LIVING ROOM. HE IS HOLDING AN OPEN BOOK. ONE LAPTOP IS BEHIND.

SHE
What are you reading?
HE
Words; I am reading some words.
SHE
How illustrating.
HE
This was not what I meant to say.
SHE
Sorry but I am used to; I can hardly expect that you speak clear and wise.
HE
There are no clear and wise answers. There are but cloudy nests of birds.
SHE
The same story again. Hello? Get rid of the nightmares.
HE
Did you know that ‘‘nightmare’’ began as a term meaning an evil female spirit afflicting sleepers with a feeling of suffocation?
SHE
No, I didn’t. So what? Am I a descendant of that evil?
HE
No; you don’t Google Wikipedia, that’s simple.
HE SMILES AND KISSES HER
Give me a smile. The world is yours, my sweet devil. Enjoy.
SHE
I do. How about you? Do you enjoy?
HE
Joy and vulnerability go together.
SHE
So, let’s drop it, superman.
HE
The question today is…
SHE
To be or not to be
HE
No; to earn or to learn
SHE
I see.
HE
Don’t go. Don’t you agree with me?
SHE
It doesn’t matter. You’ll never understand.
HE
You know everything. I forgot.
SHE
Forget and forgive. For music
SHE TAKES THE GUITAR AND TOUCHES A CHORD.
HE
Who can do that?
SHE
WHILE PLAYING
I always do. There is neither time nor room for others in my head.
HE
You are a selfish liar when you say such a thing.
SHE
SHE STOPS PLAYING
It’s the truth
HE
But not reality
SHE
Real for you is what you think?
HE
Real is what it is. A horse is real. A horde of horses is real.
SHE
So, thinking may be not real.
HE
You think; you shape ideas with words. Words are inventions; not real things.
SHE
You come to my words then. Stop living like this; by reading and learning all the time. Live!
HE
I learn; you earn. Things are simple.
SHE
You can do both, you know.
HE
I don’t like a complex life.
SHE
You like coffee and light; meat and internet; you have to pay for this and much more.
HE
Don’t treat me like your small brother.
SHE
You made me do so. You gave me this role; of the big sister.
HE
Ok; let’s say you are free.
SHE
Free like a bird
HE
With a cloudy nest
SHE
I am less independent than I look like. I need you and you need me.
HE
Get well soon!
SHE
SHE GETS A GLASS AND DRINKS IT.
I drink your health.
HE
Always witty and pretty
SHE
Always intelligent and red agent
HE
Vulnerable
SHE
You told joy and vulnerability go together
HE
I have nothing but words to get joy.
SHE
SHE GIVES HIM A HUG.
You have me.
HE
I am the red agent; Angry and in danger.
SHE
OK; and I could be a tiger.
HE
But you are not. You stay.
SHE
You want a bite?
HE
HE KISSES HER.
I want you to stay.
SHE
I want to learn you more.
I want to earn your fears.
HE
The question today…
SHE
Sunday times…
HE
Tomorrow is Sunday, yeah.
SHE
Good for a deep sleep.

You are not going to sleep:
http://vimeo.com/6625167
14th Biennale, Skopje, dance performance
Nontas, Dimokritos
dancers / choreography of Patricia (Aerites dancing group)
Aris Bezas visual framing-design
Anna Karatza drawing
Fabio and Machiel ball

No comments: